- social media;
- personal service, based on what you were interested in on our website, for instance, when we send you information about our products and services;
- special offers on websites of third parties in which you are interested. We do this together with companies specialising in advertising technologies.
How does Achmea deal with your privacy?
In our privacy statement you can read how we deal with your privacy and the processing of your personal data. It also explains what rights you have and for what purpose we will use your data. Achmea is part of Achmea. Achmea B.V. is responsible for your privacy. We also store cookies of other companies for their own purposes, subject to those companies' own privacy policies.
We place different types of cookies
We use 3 kinds of cookies, i.e. cookies which affect your privacy hardly, a little and a lot. We would like to explain to you in what way we use these different types of cookies.
- Cookies which hardly affect your privacy are:
- Functional or necessary cookies. These cookies are always used, to make sure, for instance, that our website works properly from a technical point of view and is protected.
- Analytical cookies. We only use these cookies if they have very little effect on your privacy.
- Affiliate cookies. These are cookies of companies which, for example, show our advertisements on their websites. We always use these cookies, so that we can pay these companies. If we use affiliate cookies for any other purposes we need your consent.
- Cookies which have a minor effect on your privacy are:
- Analytical cookies. We only use these cookies if you have given consent. They are used to collect statistics about, for instance, the use of our website and also to improve our website and make it more user-friendly. These cookies are also used to store data, such as:
- Your IP address;
- Technical features, such as the browser you use;
- What device you use;
- From what website you came to our website;
- When and how long you visit or use our website;
- What pages you visit on our website;
- What products you take out. What products you take out.
- Cookies which have a major effect on your privacy are:
- Social media cookies of third parties These cookies we only use if you have given consent. The cookies are placed by social media websites which we allow space on our website, such as Facebook's like-button.
- Advertising cookies. We combine information from advertising cookies on our website and the websites of third parties. By tracking your web surfing and searching behaviour we can make you offers which are as relevant as possible. These cookies we only place with your permission. If you don't accept these cookies you may receive advertisements of products which you already have.
- Other cookies. These are cookies which we place, for instance, to process feedback and reviews from customers. These cookies are only placed if you have given consent.
Telephone numbers and email addresses are not stored in cookies. You can give permission for cookies by clicking on 'OK' or by continuing your search on the website.
You can switch cookies on or off or remove them
Adjust your cookie settings to cancel your permission for cookies. You can also delete cookies for which you have given consent:
- Adjust the settings of your internet browser to delete cookies.
- Cookies of third parties may be deleted on http://www.youronlinechoices.com/be-nl/ . The cookies are then not placed back on other websites.
Good to know about this Cookie Statement
Achmea is allowed to change this Cookie Statement if there are developments in the company or if anything changes in laws or regulations. This Cookie Statement was changed most recently on the 1st of August 2019. You will always find the most recent edition on our website, so check it out regularly.
Adjust your internet browser settings to clear cookies
Below you can read how to remove cookies in various internet browsers. Select your internet browser and follow the steps:
- Clearing cookies in Microsoft Edge
Click on the Menu icon (icon with 3 lines) in the top right-hand corner. Click on the icon with the clock, which is the 'History' tab. Click on 'Clear all history'. Now you can select what you want to delete exactly. In any case, tick ‘Cookies and stored website data’ and click 'Clear'. At the bottom you can tick whether or not you want these data always to be erased when closing Microsoft Edge.
- Clearing cookies in Internet Explorer
Click on the icon of a cog in the top right-hand corner. Go to the menu 'Security' > ‘Clear browsing history’. Now you can select what you want to delete exactly. In any case, tick ‘Cookies and website data’ and click on 'Clear' at the bottom of the window.
- Clearing cookies in Chrome
Click on the icon with 3 dots in the top right-hand corner. Click on 'Settings’ > ‘History’ > ‘Clear browsing data’. Make sure that at least the box 'Clear cookies and other website and plug-in data’ is ticked. You can also select a time range for the cookies. Click here on 'All time'.
- Clearing cookies in Firefox
Click on the icon with 3 lines in the top right-hand corner. Go to ‘Options’ > ‘Privacy’. Click on 'Clear recent history’. Under ‘Details’ you can select what you want to delete exactly. Click in any case on ‘Cookies’. You can also select a time range for the cookies. Click here on 'All time'.
- Clearing cookies in Safari
In the menu bar in the top left-hand corner, click on ‘Safari’ > ‘Preferences’.
In the top of the window select the ‘Privacy’ tab. Next, click on ‘Clear all website data’.
Which cookies do we place?
|Cookie||Setting||Purpose(s) and consequences||Categories
|Storage time-limit||Transmission to 'non-European' countries|
|Relay 42||Hardly||Registration of all cookies en permissions||IP-address||6 months||NA|
|Google Anaystics||Hardly||Keeping track of anonymous data to improve the website||None||26 months||NA|
|Major||These cookies are used to make it possible to share content on the website or to like an item. data that is collected via these cookies, is stored according to the privacy policies of the relevant third parties. Please view these privacy statements for more information.
Which cookies do we place on news.achmea.nl?
These cookies are used to register and analyze our traffic to measure and improve the performance of the page.
- Google Analytics
Third party cookies
These cookies are placed by third parties to be able to share content from the page to social media networks. If you do not accept these cookies, these functionalities will not work (accordingly). The data that is collected via these cookies, is stored according to the privacy policies of the relevant third parties. Please view these privacy statements for more information.
- Facebook Connect (for more information, see https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/)
- Facebook Impressions (for more information, see https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/)
- Pinterest (for more information, see http://pinterest.com/about/privacy/)
- Twitter Button (for more information, see https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170526)
- Twitter Syndication (for more information, see https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170526)
- LinkedIn Widgets (for more information, see https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy)
- AddThis (for more information, see http://www.addthis.com/privacy/privacy-policy)
- DoubleClick (for more information, see http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/)
Achmea BV and it's logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Achmea BV. All other product names and company logos mentioned in the information, documents or other items provided or available herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Achmea BV has used its discretion, best judgement and efforts in collecting and preparing the information, documents or other items provided or available herein, but any such information document or other item is provided or available without any warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the warranties of completeness, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Achmea BV hereby disclaims any liability to any person for any kind of loss or damage including, but not limited to, any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages caused by errors or omissions in the information, documents or other items provided or available herein, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident or any other cause.
The information, documents or other items provided or available herein could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Changes can be periodically added to the information or documents provided or available herein. Achmea BV may make improvements and/or changes to the information or documents provided or available herein at any time.
For further information on legal matters contact:
Achmea BV's Legal Department
Achmea BV, Handelsweg 2, 3707 NH, Zeist, The Netherlands.